Tuesday, September 04, 2007


O Saqi, bestow your favor;
Open the winehouse once again!

The wind of being has caught in my throat;
Idol-worship has seized at my being.

The uproar of multiplicity has shattered my patience;
It has robbed me of my strength, and I am through with life.

I pray you, open wide the portal,
That the heart may soar off to the winehouse.

Let me flee from the world of ego;
Let me set foot in the valley of security.

O Saqi, give the water that has a fiery nature;
This coin of being possesses no value.

Saqi, give that wine which brings release
From the figurative to Reality.

Saqi, give that wine which burns my soul,
Teaching me the way that is without self.

Saqi, give that wine which silences me,
And robes me in nothingness.

Saqi, give that wine which drowns my self-esteem
and carries me beyond all thought of right and wrong.

Saqi, give that wine, that I might lose the ego,
Become hidden from myself, freed from bonds of place....

Dr Javad Nurbakhsh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home